Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
whertha

I'd like to drive kmz file creation (and may be later flickr upload) through an ApplsScript rather than through the [human] interface.  I've looked through the dictionary but not sure which class/message to use or whether this is supported. 
houdah

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry, HoudahGeo currently has no AppleScript support. (HoudahSpot will gain some with the next release, though)

Could you please detail the situation in which you would prefer to drive KMZ creation from AppleScript?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
whertha

I'm defining a workflow for processing my photographs.

One of the first steps is to run HoudahGeo so I can geocode the pictures.  I send the application an "open"message with a folder name as a parameter. Houdah opens and loads in the files in the folder.  I place the pictures on the map to geocode them.  I can save and quit at that point and then return to the automated workflow which initiates other actions (e.g., send a message to exiftool to set other meta data).

I'd like to send a message to Houdah, passing it a file name, or set of files, or a folder of previously-geocoded .jpgs which it would use form into a kmz file.  It would probably operate the same at the menu option does right now.

I understand I can do this manually currently.  It's just when one is faced with processing hundreds of pictures at a time anything that can be automated makes things easier and less error prone. 

houdah

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback. I will consider it for a future release.

HoudahGeo currently supports the open command to load images and track logs.

If you load previously geocoded images, HoudahGeo will read coordinates from the EXIF data. You will however have to manually initiate KMZ export.

I am not much into scripting. Did you try UI scripting on the Google Earth export dialog?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
whertha

Thank you for your consideration. I have not looked at what Google Earth offers.  I could also try generating the XML myself   but before doing that I thought I would just confirm whether I would be able to call into your app.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.