Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
adamsamec

Hello,

I am using VoiceOver, and quite often when I press and release the Left or Right arrow key to navigate to the previous or next item (with QuickNav turned on), the key release is not registered, thus causing the press action to be endlessly repeated, as if I held the key down, until I press and release the key a second time.

This never happens with my bluetooth keyboard. Is there some trick to work around this buggy behavior, or could you please take a look at it and try to fix it? If I remember well, I haven't experienced this problem with any other key than the arrow keys.

I am using iPhone with iOS 10.1.1 and macOS 10.12.1 and Type2Phone 3.0.1.

Kind regards and thanks for your suggestions
Adam Samec
houdah

Hi Adam,

I have added this on the list of things to check and fix.

Usually repeated keys occur when Mac or iPhone are very busy. Then it can happen that the delay between key down and key up gets long enough for key repeat to kick in. This can be fixed by rebooting both Mac and iPhone.

You however seem to have run into a different problem. In the above situation, key repeat would at worst repeat a key once or twice. Not endlessly.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
adamsamec

Hello,

thank you. In case you are not able to reproduce or solve this problem, please consider at least a workaround option to configure that the arro keys will send both the key press and release at the same time even if still held down, so that you need to release them and press again if you want them repeating.

Kind regards
Adam Samec
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.