Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
levelbest

I am always happy to see HS continue to grow. This site is not configured to upload as screenshot so I am not able to post an example but, the new preview of text is smaller and uses a more compressed font that does Apples existing quicklook. What I will suggest is;

1) have the text preview on an expanding right margin of HS. This is how many other apps do it and frankly, I like it. 

2) Make the text in the new text view panel larger or allow the user to make the text larger.
houdah

Hi!

Do you have a screenshot? Can you email it to support [at] houdah.com?

I don't understand what you mean by "on an expanding right margin".

The font size can be changed. Right-click the text preview and select Increase Font Size from the context menu.

Best
Pierre Bernard

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
levelbest

I just sent you a follow up email. I was wrong and I apologize. HS does have a far right column that I was not seeing. I thought the text view was a completely new feature in version five .... but, version four also does this.
houdah

What's new in HoudahSpot 5 is the option "collapse" the text preview to show only text that is close to the words you searched for. The top right corner of the text preview pane as the collapse/expand arrows button. Text preview will show either the full text of the file (as in HoudahSpot 4) or only relevant sections of the text.

macdaddy

Love the new interface. Having a menubar option for a quick search is very helpful 

I tried to save a search and put it in the sidebar but the latter is not allowed so I just left it on my Desktop but I wish there was a way to save predefined searches within the app.
houdah

Use File > Save as Template. Save to the suggested default location for the template to be listed in the menu and sidebar. In HoudahSpot 5 you can organize your template into folders/submenus from HoudahSpot > Preferences > Templates.

Template are ready-made searches that can serve two purposes:

- if the search was running (showing results) when you created the template, it will open as running search. The template thus functions like a smart folder.

- if the search was not running, the template will serve as starting point for new searches. Open it, fill in the blanks, start the search

macdaddy

Thanks. That worked. It even remembers the reordering of the columns in the search result.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.