Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mstoops

I'm running a MBP (Mid-2012) and an iPhone 6s Plus. The MBP has 10.11.5 and the iPhone has the latest beta of iOS 9.3.3. I hadn't used Type2Phone for a while although it use to work perfectly on another MBP, but no experience re-connect issues. The only way I can get a connection is to unpair and remove all Bluetooth connections on the phone and computer, as well as the entry in Type2Phone and set the connection up again, which works fine. It's when I close the app and start it back up, that the bluetooth connection is never able to be reestablished.

I haven't tried this with my AppleTV 4 to see if it has the same problem; as well I will try to reproduce with another, slightly newer MBP, although I will when I get the chance.

Thank you,
Matt

houdah

Hi Matt,

This should not be happening. It seems like iPhone forgets that the Mac has the capability to work as a keyboard. This is learned during pairing and is the reason why Type2Phone needs to be running during pairing: the Mac has to advertise that capability at the time.

Are you using other software that uses Bluetooth between Mac and iPhone? This may be altering Bluetooth pairing information.

Have you tried rebooting the Mac and the iPhone? This surprisingly often helps with Bluetooth problems.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
mstoops

You might have hit the nail. I am also using Near Lock, which has a continuous BT connection from computer to phone, to monitor when to lock the computer based on distance. I'll disable that and see if that's the issue; I think it will be.

Thank you,
Matt
mstoops

Disabling Near Lock seems to have done it, thank you. Brings up a good point: when iOS 10 and macOS come out, and Apple rolls the functionality of locking/unlocking from iPhone and AppleWatch into the OS, will this affect how Type2Phone works? Guess we'll see.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.