Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BenH

Type2Phone 2.5 (Mac App Store version) crashes on startup on OSX 10.10 (14A299l).  Thanks for your attention on the matter.
houdah

Hi!

Opening a Bluetooth connection crashes on the current beta of Mac OS X Yosemite.
We have reported the bug to Apple.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
kurrle

Is there a preference file we can delete to get it to reopen without crashing on the Beta?  I just purchased the software today and then opened it and it worked great!  but then I quit it and reopened it and that's when I noticed the issues.  So I turned off bluetooth on my mac and iPhone and I got it to open again.  Then I turned on bluetooth on both devices and it still stayed open... it's at the moment I try and connect that it crashes.  So I was thinking maybe I can delete the preferences file and start fresh because the first time, right after i purchased it (as I mentioned above) it worked great.  Would deleting the preference file get it to work again?  If so, where is it?  I don't mind doing some crazy workaround like that until Apple fixes their issue... I just want to try and use it until then.  Any thoughts?  
houdah

Hi!

You should be able to work around the problem by opening the connection from iPhone > Settings > Bluetooth
To disable automatic reconnect, start Type2Phone with Bluetooth disabled. Then go to Type2Phone > Preferences and disable automatic reconnect

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

kurrle

Ok perfect.  I turned off automatic reconnect in Type2Phone and then all I have to do each time I want to use it is disable bluetooth on the iPhone, open Type2Phone and then go back to the phone and enable bluetooth.  Then it works perfectly. Thanks for your help.  This will work fine until Apple releases a more stable version of Yosemite.  
auroran

Today's release of Yosemite (Sep 2, 2014. 14A343f) doesn't cause Type2Phone to crash on me anymore.

I think we're good to go.
houdah

Thank you for the heads-up.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.