Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
steve

I'm trying to write GPS data from photos with locations tagged in Aperture back onto the files as shown in your blog post to migrate to Lightroom. The images all show GPS data in Aperture and when loaded into houdahgeo and when exporting the info. But viewing the EXIF (using Get Info on a mac) or in Lightroom after importing, the data isn't there. I'm following the instructions, what could be going wrong? Thanks.
houdah

Hi Steve,

What options did you use during EXIF/XMP export?

Did you check the “Create Copies” option?
If so, is it the newly created copies you are looking at in Preview or Lightroom.

Did you chose to “Write to Sidecar if Present”?
If so, HoudahGeo will write to .xmp sidecar files found next to the image files. It will write to the image files only when no sidecar is found.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
steve

Thanks for the reply. I used the recommended settings. Didn't create copies and tried with and without adding a sidecar. When it did write to sidecar only 5 of the whole test batch were created.

I forgot to mention: does it matter that I'm using the trial version? I wanted to test it out before buying, but don't want to buy if I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Steve
houdah

Hi Steve,

The trial version is limited to exporting 5 images at a time. If you ask it to process more, it should warn you and proceed to work with the first 5 images.

Select 5 images. In EXIF/XMP export options check the option to work on selected images only. That way you will know for sure which 5 images to check for geotags.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
steve

Ah ha. And since I've already done 5 images, I can't test it again. I'll go ahead and buy and try again. Saving the hundreds (thousands?) of hours I put into locating these photos is mission critical to my mental health. 
steve

Ok, that worked, I can't tell you how happy I am!!!! You and your product are awesome!! Possibly the best $40 I've ever spent.

~dancing a little jig...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.