Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ciordia9

Got a WBT-201 for Xmas, we're a Mac / OSX family though so of course this spawns a real search effort to find out what softwares will work.

I can Pair the device to Bluetooth but it will not Connect to BT.  I saw another with that problem here but they did not say if it ever resolved.  Any clues here?

In parallel I've tried to get USB working, I installed the recommended USB to UART bridge, rebooted.  I load HoudahGPS select USB then Acquire and it tries but eventually fails with "too many errors".

I'm trying to troubleshoot the device but I just don't seem to making progress, does anyone have some tips & tricks to try to get a USB or BT connection? 

houdah

Hi!

HoudahGPS should be able to connect to the WBT-201 via USB and Bluetooth. I have used the WBT-201 quite a lot myself.

For USB, you need the driver linked from the FAQ and the set port to USB and name to SLAB_USBtoUART.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
ciordia9

I know it should be.   I've read the forums; I tried to show I had done some troubleshooting--there was one person who had the exact same issue as I did but I never saw a resolution post.  The USB side is also mystifying, you'd think one way would have issues not both.  --you can see I said I tried the USBtoUART method and that yielded no result.

Looking for more edge case solutions or way of detecting it's usb presence. It might be the Dell Mini 10v hackintosh I use isn't capable for this, but it's been fairly well behaved everywhere else the last year.  When I get a moment I'll try the connections on my main computer to make sure the device isn't a lemon.
houdah

Hi!

It's hard to diagnose remotely. I can just have you check the obvious.

Please turn on the device and leave it outdoors for at least 20 minutes. New devices need this procedure to download satellite data. Only then it can start recording. Maybe the error is that the device is still empty.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
ciordia9

That was a good idea.  I don't know if that was part of the solution but I'll detail my own resolution for future reference.

1. You do not need to have the USB say connected, it is quick pair enabled and activates when the designated port is tapped on. 

2. For USB and applications like GTK G-Rays you need to add the correct USB dev address which for me was: /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Now I can offload with HoudahGPS & connect with GTK G-Rays 2 for configuration w/o the need of a PC.

Thanks for being a bounce-board Pierre!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.