Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Nerfgun

Hi there -

I have been trying to get HoudahGPS to communicate with my Garmin Colorado 300 via USB, but when I click Acquire it seems to boot the device from the USB chain (and then it gets mad at me for improper removal).

The first time I tried it the thing just hung, I had to force quit. Second time it provided an error –

"Claim interfaced failed: usb_claim_interface: couldn't claim interface"

(seems sorta redundant)

Anyways I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this. I know the Colorado unit behaves a bit differently than the previous units, although it does still show up as a regular USB Mass Storage device. It also promptly re-mounts itself after HoudahGPS kicks it.

This is on a newer intel iMac with Mac OS X 10.5.2. The Garmin syncs ok if I hook it up in Mapsource via Boot Camp.

Thanks in advance.

houdah

Hi!

If your Garmin device mounts as mass storage device, it probably does not implement the Garmin USB protocol.

You should find the track log files on the mounted device and use the Convert command in HoudahGPS rather than the Acquire command.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Nerfgun

Yes you are right, I was able to just manually copy the current.gpx file and use that. Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.