Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
argumentum

Tried everything .. turning bluetooth on both devices on and off, restarting devices, forgetting devices on bluetooth both ends. 

Any help would be much appreciated .. excited to try this app, and paid $10!
houdah

Hi!

Which version of macOS are you using?

Does Type2Phone fail to list your iOS device or does iOS fail to show text you type?

In either case, try re-doing the pairing. Make sure the Type2Phone application is running while you do so.

You first need to have both devices forget the other one and then repeat the pairing procedure.

1. Undo the pairing: have both devices forget each other. In System Preferences on Mac and in Bluetooth Settings on iOS.
2. On the Mac, open Bluetooth preferences and leave it open
3. Launch Type2Phone and keep it frontmost - IMPORTANT -
4. Initiate pairing from iPhone settings > Bluetooth.

If this still fails, repeat. This time, reboot both the Mac and the iPhone after undoing the existing pairing.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
chrisgdeanhb

I'm seeing the same issues. Tried EVERYTHING - MBP 15 2017 10.14 Mojave with iPhone 10,6 12.01, iPad Pro 7,4 12.01.

'Type2Phone is Ready
Click here to connect'

Stays the same when the devices are successfully connected through Bluetooth.

Type2Phone 3.1.1 (15184)

Help!

Chris
houdah

Hi!

It appears that the transition to 64-bit went not as smoothly as planned. A few customers report that Type2Phone fails to notice when the iPhone makes its initial connection to the Mac.

This bug is probably specific to certain Bluetooth hardware. It does not happen here on two different MacBook Pros. This, of course, makes it difficult to find and fix.

I have just released Type2Phone 3.1.2. This reverts one of the changes made in the transition to 64-bit. I hope this resolves the issue, but cannot be sure. Please report back how this works for you.

Best
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
chrisgdeanhb

3.1.2 seems to fix all the connectivity problems I was having - thanks for the quick turnaround!

BTW the 'number pairing' is gone now - just an accept pop-up box in Mojave and iOS 12.

Thanks again.

Chris
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.