Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
jackperdue

I finally discovered the document search app I've been looking for - yours. I have been a long time user of HoudahSpot but have had a problem that I had hoped would fix itself but has not. Some keys will not work when I use HS. Specifically, d h m w y. All other keys work fine. And the problem is not just on one computer but any computer I use HS on. And this problem persists if I'm entering search conditions or saving a template.

Suggestions? 

Thanks ~ Jack 
houdah

That is very strange. 

Where do you see the keys failing to work? Any text entry box in HoudahSpot?
When you try Save As… and are asked for a file name, do the keys fail too?

Which keyboard layout are you using?

Have you copied settings from one computer to the next. I could imagine that some keys had been set up as hot keys. The "problem" then could only spread to the next computer if settings are copied over.

Any chance you have a third party tool like Keyboard Maestro that could be set up to react to keypresses only in HoudahSpot?

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
jackperdue

Thanks for your response. I don't think I'm doing anything strange that would cause certain keys to not work only in HoudahSpot. I am using Keyboard Maestro but only to launch HS. And its strange that I'm having the same issue on both of my iMacs, so if you haven't seen this before then the issue is on my end. I'm using the standard issue Apple keyboard and no special layout. Yes, even when trying to name a template, those same keys will not work.
houdah

Please contact me from HoudahSpot > Help > Contact Support…
There is an option to send in your HoudahSpot preferences. It is the "paperclip with a + sign" button.

I would like to check the preferences. I wonder if there might be keyboard shortcuts for templates that no longer exist.

Also, try booting your Mac in "safe mode" and see if the problem happens there too.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.