Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
benjcmin

Hello,
on my Mac with HighSierra and HoudahGeo Version 5.1.10 I have the problem, that the photo list keeps scrolling with interaction. 
I loaded a couple of photos into the project and on the step where to add the geo tags with the map on top, and a photo list (thumbnail previews) on the bottom the photos on the bottom are constantly moving / scrolling up. So if I selected a photo in the lower part it scrolls out of my view. 
So it's very tricky to select certain photos as they are moving targets. 
For me thats making the otherwise nice software almost impossible to use, especially with many photos in a project.

I hope I described the problem kind of understandable as in my opinion you need to see it just move without interaction.
Described in one sentence the photo list keeps scrolling up by itself.

So is this a bug, a single user problem? 

Thx for your support.
Benjamin
houdah

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I just gave this a quick test on High Sierra. I can confim that the thumbnail grid view ocasionally scrolls up with no user interaction. Every couple of seconds it scrolls by a few pixels. Is this what you are seeing?

It also appears that this activity is causing high CPU usage.

I assume the problem is specific to High Sierra. I will need to investigate further and hope to have a workaround by the next update. Until then, I suggest you switch to the list view.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
benjcmin

Hi Pierre,

yes that's pretty much exactly what I'm seeing. Getting this also on the output step in grid view.
Strange thing is that I just had 1 project where this is not happening and I think I was able to reproduce the situation.
So when I load the photos and head to process step it's happening but when I  go to output afterwards and back to process, it seems to work fine. But only when all photos fit on one page and no scrolling is necessary.
And just tested some more. 
It looks like it has nothing to do with the steps, its just happening if the grid view needs to scroll. But when you get all photos on "one" page so no scrolling is necessary it works and even afterwards it seems to keep working.
So from my point of view look like a problem loading primary grid view with overflow of the first page.
Hoping to help you with the bug fixing and hoping for a quick release.

Thx.

Regards
Benjamin

houdah

Hi Benjamin,

My guess is that the grid view resizes slightly as previews for the images are loaded. But that’s just a guess and I will need to investigate.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.