Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Atapu

Hi,

The new versions of iOS and macOS have brought a new picture format, HEIC. Allegedly, it occupies like half the size of usual JPEG, with the same quality. However, when I tried to modify locations on some photographs with this format, HoudahGeo gave a warning message saying that it does not support that format.

I would like to know if you are considering to support this new format, and if so when we could expect it.

I understand that it may be difficult, or maybe even it is not possible, but I would really appreciate some information on this.

Thank you for your time.
houdah

Hi!

We hope to be able to support HEIC in the future. I can’t make any promises though.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Atapu

Thank you very much for your answer [smile]. It is good to know that it is in the pipeline, sort of...
rjames86

Hi. I wanted to follow up on this and see if there are plans for supporting HEIC. 

One thing I've come across is how time coding works within HoudaGeo. It looks like the app reads the exif data from the HEIC file, which doesn't contain the raw exif and so you get modification time as the time the photo was shot. Using HoudaGeo, I found the preview file that Photos.app stores, which apparently does store the actual exif data for the photo taken.

Thanks for everything!
rjames86

Hi. I wanted to follow up on this and see if there are plans for supporting HEIC. 

One thing I've come across is how time coding works within HoudaGeo. It looks like the app reads the exif data from the HEIC file, which doesn't contain the raw exif and so you get modification time as the time the photo was shot. Using HoudaGeo, I found the preview file that Photos.app stores, which apparently does store the actual exif data for the photo taken.

Thanks for everything!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.