Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jehrler

Can I use Type2Phone to connect and type from my MacBook to the Mac mini across the room?
houdah

Hi!

Yes, that will work. But with some restrictions.
Some keyboard shortcuts like command-tab will be caught by the local Mac rather then sent to the remote Mac.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
likethesky

Is there anyway this can be made to work? Does your competitor 1Keyboard allow use of Cmd-Tab (and other control sequences)?

I need this to operate Screens on an iPad, which is operating another Mac computer.

Thanks
houdah

Hi!

Type2Phone has been designed to make switching between Mac and iOS quick and easy:
- Use Type2Phone to type on your iPhone. Cmd-Tab to another Mac application to type there.
- Type2Phone automatically disconnects from iPhone. This reveals the iOS software keyboard.
- Cmd-Tab back into Type2Phone. Start typing. Type2Phone automatically reconnects to your iPhone and sends the text you typed

This is probably the best external keyboard experience you can get for iOS. It is as easy and natural as an actual hardware keyboard. Yet it adds many nice extras: paste from Mac to iPhone, custom keyboard shortcuts, AppleScript automation, TextExpander support, …

I understand this behavior is not ideal for your purpose.
You may be able to fix this by changing the application switching keyboard shortcut on either of your Macs.

I am not sure how the AppStore version of 1Keyboard works. The old version was very bare bones and simply redirected keyboard input to the iPhone. Newer versions may have improved upon that though.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l. 

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.