Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
pgodw4

Hi Pierre

It seems that it has been since 2013 that I can find any reference to GPS video tagging on this forum. I am wondering if there has been any progression for including it in HoudahGeo?

I understand that a limitation to date is the many varying ways of storing it in the metadata. Since HoudahGeo seems to mainly be targeting Mac users with the Photos app, it makes sense to use Apple's approach in this app. Geotagging videos is definitely possible, as Apple already do it by default with any videos recorded using iPhone and the tags show up properly in Photos.

I've played around with a few tools trying to imitate their method storing it in the relevant tag as per the Apple documentation literature, but haven't had much luck. It would be beyond amazing to have HoudahGeo support video tagging for use the Photos app. Further to this, it would be great if HoudahGeo was able to read the 'soft tags' I have manually assigned my videos that exist in the Photos library. As it is, while they are in the library all is good, but the tag is not hard coded into the video meaning moving to another location loses the tag.

Thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.