Houdah Software Forums
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
icrew

Hello:

I've noticed that recent versions of Type2Phone (I'm currently using v.2.5 on Mac OS X 10.9.3 on a late-2013 Retina MacBook Pro) won't preserve the "Collapsed Mode" view setting across restarts.  

Steps to reproduce
  1. Open Type2Phone
  2. Choose "Collapsed Mode" from the "View" menu
  3. Observe that the Type2Phone main window shrinks into collapsed mode.
  4. Quit Type2Phone
  5. Open Type2Phone

Expected results
Type2Phone will still be in "Collapsed Mode", and "Collapsed Mode" will still be checked in the "View" menu.

Actual results
Type2Phone is no longer in "Collapsed Mode", and "Collapsed Mode" is not checked in the "View" menu.

So, is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Ian

houdah

Hi!

Type2Phone should remember Collapsed Mode. It does here.

The problem could be the effect of a combination of settings. Which options have you checked in the View menu.

I have also seen cases where Type2Phone lost write rights to its own preferences file. Please go to Type2Phone > Preferences and change a setting. Is that saved across relaunches of the application?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
icrew

Hi Pierre:

Thanks for the really fast response.

Based on those thoughts, I just tried two things, neither of which helped:

1) I chose "Reset Defaults" from the "View" menu, and quit and restarted Type2Phone.  Same results: "Collapsed Mode" doesn't get preserved across restarts.  The View menu looks like:
Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 1.41.26 PM.png   

2) I quit Type2Phone, renamed ~/Library/Containers/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard to ~/Library/Containers/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard.noload, and started Type2Phone. It recreated the  ~/Library/Containers/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard directory when I restarted, but if anything that made things worse: In that state, it wouldn't even remember my iPhone or my window position, in addition to not remembering the Collapsed Mode.  So, that was obviously a bad idea, and I undid that change.  At least it now can connect to my phone and remember its window position.

I'm also attaching a complete listing of all of the files and folders under ~/Library/Containers/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard, in case that helps any.

Cheers,

Ian

txt com.houdah.MagicKeyboard_listing.txt     

houdah

Hi Ian,

All looks good.

You could try:

open ~/Library/Containers/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard/Data/Library/Preferences/com.houdah.MagicKeyboard.plist

to see if collapsedMode is set to YES in the plist file.

Do you have any third party utility that could be resizing the window?
Type2Phone reacts to resizing by un-collapsing the window.
(Basically the collapsed size is smaller than the minimum size for the window. Resizing cannot get you there. Any attempt to resize will expand the window to at least its minimum size)

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.