Clicky

tinker
In iOS 4, pressing and holding on an email attachment brings up a list of applications from which one can select to open the attachment. I noticed today that ACTPrinter's icon was being used for the application at the top of the list, even when ACTPrinter was not the first-listed app. I'm not sure whether this is an iOS issue or an ACTPrinter issue, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am not quite sure I understand what the problem is. (Still have no iOS 4 device).

ACTPrinter on the iPad is prepared to receive PDFs from other applications. This feature was not available on the iPhone before iOS4. I am honestly not sure how ACTPrinter will handle such files on the iPhone.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
tinker
Sorry for not being clearer. Here's a revised summary, with photos.

Assume you've received an email with a PDF attached. If you press and hold on the attachment, a menu slides up, giving you several options about how to open it. One of them is "Open In ..." If you select that, a new screen opens giving you several apps with which to open the attachment.

I have Docs to Go installed. It's the first app that appears in the second list, and the app icon shows up in the button to select the app. If ACTPrint is not installed, the correct icon appears. If ACTPrint is installed, then it shows up as the last app in the list of options, and Docs to Go is still the first item in the list, but ACTPrint's icon appears in the Docs to Go button.

This is what the menu looks like without ACTPrint installed:

This is what it looks like with ACTPrint installed:

If the photos don't show up, here's a link to them.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

That is an odd one.

Unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone 4 device yet to test this. My first hunch would be that this is an iOS bug. ACTPrinter is not running nor contacted when that dialog is displayed. 

I'll try looking around for other reports of similar problems.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
avandelay
I don't think this problem is particular to ACTPrinter. Before I ever installed ACTPrinter, I've seen the icons for GoodReader, iBooks (and now, ACTPrinter too) come up mislabelled in various situations when I'm sending a PDF from one app to another. The files still seem to be going to the right places (the app listed in the text, not the icon) so it's not that big a deal, but a little confusing at first. Just ignore the icons for now until Apple fixes this.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I have meanwhile had the opportunity to test this on several devices.

It seems that iOS always shows only one icon: that of the latest application to support the file type. That icon is not shown next to the name of the application, but next to the first one in the list.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0