Clicky

jamohr001
After installing ACTPrinter I would get an error and freeze the browser when attempting to print from Firefox.  I had to "force quit" Firefox in order to unfreeze it.

The error is: 
Alert The document cannot change while Printing or in Print Preview

After uninstalling ACTPrinter, the error went away.

Running a new Mac Pro Quad Core with Snow Leopard.

In addition, the application never found the iPhone, even when it was connected by cable.

Also - your screencast link is broken.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry to hear ACTPrinter is not working for you.

ACTPrinter is however unlikely to have caused Firefox to freeze. It is invoked only when selected from the PDF Services menu. Then the host application generates a PDF which is forwarded through ACTPrinter Mac.

ACTPrinter Mac and ACTPrinter on the iPhone connect via WiFi. Both devices need to be on the same network. The router and firewall must allow for Bonjour traffic.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jamohr001
Pierre thanks for your reply.

It is during my attempt to print that Firefox freezes.  I have the print dialog box open, and the accompanying message quoted above.

I use the print-to-PDF feature all the time for receipts.  It stopped working too, giving me the same error  I uninstalled ACTPrinter (using Forklift's uninstaller) and the error went away.

Coincidence?

As for the WiFi connection, is that explained in simple terms somewhere?  Apparently it's not working for me, even before the error showed up.  Again, the link provided in this forum to your screencast is broken.  I haven't looked around the site to find it.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

ACTPrinter Mac installs an alias in ~/Library/PDF Services. The print dialog may be stumbling over that. Though I cannot understand why. This may just be the symptom of another problem.

There are instructions and troubleshooting notes within the ACTPrinter application on iPhone.

Screencasts are hosted by a third party site. This appears to be down. I hope for this to be a temporary issue.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0