Clicky

KipV
I have spent a lot of time using punakea and have realized how important it's tagging cloud feature is. The way it works is you enter in a tag and it gives you lot of related tag suggestions to apply next. The problem I have with houdahspot is that I can't always remember all the tags I need to apply to narrow the search down to the results I need, the tag cloud remedies this problem.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

I will have a look an Punakea.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
meadowphoenix
Hello Pierre,

I simply want to agree with KipV on this. I just downloaded a trial of HoudahSpot today and after my initial positive impressions I realized that I was unable to bring up a tag cloud, and this is a dealbreaker for me.

In addition to Punakea, which I have a license to and believe is a great tag manager, I can also recommend that you check out iDocument for a much more robust solution.

Nevertheless, if HoudahSpot had a well-integrated tag cloud (or, in my preference, an alpha-numbericly sorted, vertical tag column--something iDocument offers but not Punakea), HoudahSpot would be my choice above them all.

Thanks for your consideration,

Sincerely,
Meadow
0 0
fwolfe
I'd like to support that request, too.

But I have another questions. I built a large library of tags using Leap over the last 2 years. I have now switched exclusively to HoudahSpot. HS can search for my leap tags, but it never shows the helper so I don't know what tags I have except as I remember them. Do you know any way to merge tags so that HS sees them?

BTW, if I keep leap open and HS open I can see the Leap tags in Leap and the HS tags in HS. 

Thanks,

Fred
0 0
KipV
@meadowphoenix I think HS can have both a alpha-numbericly column and a tag cloud. There is already a tag list in the tray they can add the option to sort it. I would really like them to add the cloud feature as well though. I love seeing the tags in different sizes so that I instantly know which one as the highest number of tags. Also I love how Punakea gives you the option to sort the cloud by document or click count! Really nice.

@Fred I am not sure what you mean by merging tags. Can you explain that?
0 0
fwolfe
Merging OM tags. For example, in Leap's list of OM tags I might see "repair" as a tag (I had tagged a file with the word "repair." But as I did not tag the file in HS, it doesn't show up in the tray. Conversely, There are tags I made in HS that show up in HS but not in Leap. However, both programs will identify the tagged file when searched for using the OM tag name.

I suspect a solution to my problem would be a small utility in HS that would read all OM tags and make them identifiable in HS.

Fred
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The idea of a tag cloud really does look interesting.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
KipV
It's just so much easier as well. Right now I jump back and forth between HS and Punakea because HS has the ways to enter in search criteria and Punakea helps me remember the name of the tags. It would be so nice to not have to jump back and forth between two different apps to get my job done.
0 0
tnayak
Is there a way to export the results view so that I can get a list of all tags used in a folder?  It would give me a workaround so that I wouldn't have to manage my tag list in another application
0 0
houdah
Hi!

You may copy-paste the results into a text editor or spreadsheet application.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
KipV
I just found some other good tagging cloud software. It is a Firefox plugin called TagSieve.
0 0
fablarosa
I come from Leap 3 and a tagging cloud would be a great improvement for Houdahshpot, it's the only thing I had in Leap that I actually miss.
Do you plan to add this feature, any timeframe?

0 0
houdah
Hi!

It's a feature I am considering. It's been requested quite often.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
KipV
I could also see a tagging cloud working well in Tembo. Programs like Punakea have a tag cloud and that program seems to be targeted to a similar market as Punakea with it's focus on a more simple interface rather then on an extensive amount of powerful features like HS.
0 0