Clicky

LRMacDude
Ok, okay.. so I'm one of those AppleWorks holdouts.  It works, its fast, stable and I know how to use it really well.  And I would also love to use HoudahSpot.  However, even though querying Spotlight via the finder for a keyword I know is in some AppleWorks docs brings up those docs in the finder window without a hitch, HoudahSpot doesn't see them.  Am I doing something wrong?  I thought HoudahSpot would show all Spotlight results - is it filtering them somehow.  And, if so, how do I get it to display the full Spotlight results?  Thanks in advance!

(And yes, Spotlight <does> search for text within AW documents.  A Spotlight plugin was added by Apple for AppleWorks docs back in 10.4... just in case that question came up :-)
0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahSpot does not specifically filter out AppleWorks files.

Where are the files located?
By default HoudahSpot searches only the home folder. You may change the search scope from the "Where…" section.

Could you send a screenshot of the criteria you are using?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
LRMacDude
Thanks for the quick reply - the file is large (a movie), and I'll send the link as soon as it finishes uploading to my iDisk.  .. -Daniel
0 0
LRMacDude
Okay - here is the screen shots.  Hope this helps... and thank you very much for taking a look.

0 0
LRMacDude
And to answer your other question, the search is set for my Home Folder.  I meant to include that in my other response.  
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Have you verified that the file is actually located in the Home folder?

Have you tried fuzzy matching rather than phrase matching?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
LRMacDude
Yes - I've tried all the options.  The file is located in my documents folder (screenshot attached). Click image for larger version - Name: Picture_1.png, Views: 5, Size: 107.74 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Picture_1.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 128.91 KB
0 0
LRMacDude
But.. it does seem to be AppleWorks docs in general.  Just tried another doc with a unique word - works fine in the Finder, but no luck in HoudahSpot.  Thought I'd share that detail
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am stumped.

Could you email me the AppleWorks file?
I'll try to find a machine that still has AppleWorks installed.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Thorgrim
I remember having similar problem in an earlier version of HoudahSpot (sorry can't remember which).

The method for finding ALL of the AppleWorks documents that works for me is:

"Kind" "Contains" "com.apple.appleworks.document"
0 0