Clicky

jr206
Hello,
I have a list of filenames in a text document. Is there a way to pass that information to HoudahSpot (similar to a CSV import)?  Ideally, I would be able to 'import' the file name document and have each of those files located in the search results.  Currently, I have a template setup that I just manually paste each file name into a field one-by-one.  It works OK but I would love to automate this process if possible.

Thanks for the help!

- JR
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am sorry I did not see your message earlier.

Are you trying to fill in criteria from values read from a CSV file?

I can't currently think of a way of doing that.

I am however intrigued: if you already know the file names, what do you need HoudahSpot for?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jr206
Hi Pierre,
No problem.  Thanks for getting back to me.

I have a music playlist (from my phone) that I've cleaned to just show the file name of every song added to the playlist.  So the file is currently in .txt format and lists each new file in a new row.

The music files live in different folders across my computer and all need to be tagged / marked in the same manner.  In the past, I've made a HoudahSpot template that allows me to enter each file name as a separate parameter and do a "batch" search.  So I copy and paste each file name from the text document into the template fields.  I usually do this in batches of 15 - 20 to make it easier to isolate conflicts.

Once I get the results, I select all and drag them into a pre-made Automator action that applies the tag.

I thought that if I could somehow import the search parameters I may be able to save some time (as I need to do this regularly).  Not a problem if it's not possible.  Just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone had a solution.

Thanks again.

0 0
houdah

Hi!

You might be able to automate this by writing an AppleScript to start a BlitzSearch on a single file name.
You could call this for each line of your TXT file.

With AppleScript you also have access to HoudahSpot search results.
So you should be able to grab them and proceed to tagging.

I don't think there is a way for AppleScript to know if a HoudahSpot search is completed though.
You probably will have to give it "enough" time to be sure it is done.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0