Clicky

jehrler
Although I've changed HSpot to be in all Spaces the BlitzSearch always reverts to Space 1.

Anyone figure out how to allow BlitzSearch to work in a current Space?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

BlitzSearch is provided by a separate application (HoudahSpotHelper). Thus it won't respect settings you made for HoudahSpot.

I must admit that I had not thought about Spaces when creating the BlitzSearch window. I will investigate this. I agree that BlitzSearch should show in all Spaces.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jehrler
Just want to mention that I absolutely LOVE Houdah Spot!

Best part of the Mac Mix bundle I purchased!
0 0
houdah
Blush! Very much appreciated

If you care, you may want to post a review to MacUpdate.com or VersionTracker.com

Pierre

0 0
jehrler
Actually, I just *did* post a mini-review on MacUpdate.
0 0
houdah
Thanks a lot!

Enjoy!
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Jono
I really like the new BlitzSearch, thanks a lot!
It looks good, feels good, I like that you can now paste in text, & TextExpander now works in there

I noticed in the BlitzSearch you can tab to get to the search templates & then arrow down to them. Very handy!
Is there any chance of making the template list the 1st item tabbed to? (So you could type in the search, tab once (rather than 4 times) & select from the templates with the arrow keys).

[QUOTE=houdah]Hi!
I will investigate this. I agree that BlitzSearch should show in all Spaces.
[/QUOTE]
I'll look forward to a fix for this
0 0
DP
I hit the same problem, and there is a straightforward solution.

The HoudahSpotHelper file is buried in the HoudahSpot file, which is a "package" (basically a folder that hides its contents)

1. Open the HoudahSpot package by right-clicking (ctrl-clicking) on it and choosing "Show Package Contents". HoudahSpotHelper is in the folder "Resources" which is inside the folder "Contents:.

2. Open the Spaces preference pane, go to "Spaces", click the + sign.Drag HoudahSpotHelper from the folder window you just opened and tell the preference pane to make it visible in "Every Space".

Log out and log back in and the problem should be solved. I agree that the installer should set this up for you, if that's possible to do, but meanwhile this should do the trick.
0 0
jehrler
[QUOTE=DP]I hit the same problem, and there is a straightforward solution.

The HoudahSpotHelper file is buried in the HoudahSpot file, which is a "package" (basically a folder that hides its contents)

1. Open the HoudahSpot package by right-clicking (ctrl-clicking) on it and choosing "Show Package Contents". HoudahSpotHelper is in the folder "Resources" which is inside the folder "Contents:.

2. Open the Spaces preference pane, go to "Spaces", click the + sign.Drag HoudahSpotHelper from the folder window you just opened and tell the preference pane to make it visible in "Every Space".

Log out and log back in and the problem should be solved. I agree that the installer should set this up for you, if that's possible to do, but meanwhile this should do the trick.[/QUOTE]

Good job! I had tried it but didn't think to logout and back in. I don't ever recall having to do that with Spaces before. I guess it must be because it is a hidden app.

Thanks!
0 0
houdah
Thanks for posting this.

I guess it would suffice to quit the Helper application by selecting "Remove this Menu" from the global menu.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Jono
Yea, thanks for the tip
0 0