Clicky

Jono
I really didn’t like the yellow in HoudahSpot, so being able to change the accent bar colour (although superficial) is what finally made my mind up to buy HoudahSpot
But changing to the blue the colour is actually purple =o¿
Any chance of adding the standard blue & graphite gradient colours from OS X?

I’m building some searches with 4 or 5 items excluded. There’s a lot of blank space below the ‘What’ section but the ‘Exclude’ section is pretty cramped & I have to scroll down (see the attached image).
It would be great if you could grab the title bars & drag them vertically to alter the heights to added more room where needed where there's wasted blank space (in the same way you can alter column widths in the results area).

One last question...
What does the 'Contains Fuzzy' selection actually mean? I think I know what it does but would like to check for sure

Anyway great work so far on the app! Click image for larger version - Name: Drag_HS_Title_Bars.png, Views: 18, Size: 69.42 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I didn't expect that many people to have such strong feelings about the accent color.

Currently all accent colors are variations on the same gradient. The Aqua look is a bit more complex. I guess I'll have to invest some more time in accent color customization.

I agree that the various panes on the criteria side ought to be resizable.

"Contains fuzzy" is a recreation of the default Spotlight behavior. This searches for individual string elements anywhere in the text. The search string "tree house" would match "houseboat appletree"

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Jono
Yea, I don't like non standard UIs. I much prefer a standard UI if I'm going to be using & looking at an app often

Cool, hopefully we can look forward to being able to resize the left hand panes in the future.

And thanks for the explanation on 'fuzzy'.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

In this context, I don't see what the standard UI would be. The only thing I could think off would be using boxes. These turn out to be very ugly when stacked.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Jono
I meant the colours of the UI
0 0
jamesa
I'm not a fan of the yellow accent either (preferring either graphite or perhaps blue) and only bought HoudahSpot after reading the highlight colour was now customisable. However, I hunted around through preferences and the menu options and couldn't see how to do it.

I was busy, left it for a while and didn't use HoudahSpot - partly because of the colour (shallow, I know!) and partly because it wasn't quite compelling enough. With the more recent release and new features, I wanted to start using it much more - but was sufficiently motivated by the colour issue to search the forums to confirm that it was indeed something that could be changes and it was good to see confirmation of this in this thread.

However, it was only while writing this response (as a plea for help) that I eventually came across the Terminal options hidden away in the release notes section of the web site that allowed me to switch to grey, which is much less distracting.

It's great that there is this option available but I'd recommend making it a bit more obvious, such as putting it in the application help or actually having a colour selector in Preferences, otherwise most people will not know they can change it and it took me a good 30 minutes of digging around to get to this point.

Thanks,
James

[Update] In case anyone else wants to make these changes, the details are here:
http://www.houdah.com/houdahSpot/release_files/90e275a55a2416fccf3ef70dee6ca7fc-45.html
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for the heads-up. This really should be in the Help.

I have not yet worked out how to expose this in Preferences.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
RobLewis
Personally, I kind of like the yellow ;-)

It stands out without being garish IMO.
0 0