Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
Ward

If I search for "AutoUpdate.fmplugin" (a FileMaker Pro plug-in), the only appearance of this filename in the Tembo 1.5.2 results is an alias to an actual plug-in.

I thought this might be because a FileMaker plug-in "file" is actually an OS X package. But Tembo has no problem finding OmniOutliner documents, which are also packages.

Both Spotlight and HoudahSpot show FileMaker plug-ins.

-- Ward
houdah

Hi!

Apple uses Universal Type Identifiers (UTIs) to identify file types. These identifiers form a hierarchy. A JPEG file is thus not only of type public.jpeg, but also of type public.image. This allows for the creation of groups in Tembo.

When you create a file however, you only specify a file name extension. The application owning that file type needs to provide the system with the matching UTI information.

When no UTI is found, a dynamic UTI is created and assigned: dyn.someGibberish123

By default, Tembo excludes files with a dynamic UTI. These are mostly system files of no interest to most users. You may remove this exclusion in Tembo > Preferences > Advanced.

My assumption is that Filemaker failed to provide a UTI declaration for their plug-ins. This would explain why they are not showing.

Other users have reported the same issue with Adobe InDesign files. Hence the option to configure exclusions.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.