Clicky

doublespiral
I imagine this is user-error rather than the fault of Tembo, but am hopeful that someone can assist.

I am trying to set up Tembo to take the place of the Finder's search function. Ideally, I would like to hit Command-F and bring up the Tembo search box. If OS X doesn't permit this, then I'm willing to use another keyboard combination.

Unfortunately, so far I haven't been able to get any combination to work. I have gone to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Services... and made varying keyboard shortcuts for all three of these:

New Tembo Window
Search Folder in Tembo
Search in Tembo

(On a side note, I'm not sure how these options are different since I can't access the functionality.)

I started by trying Command-F, but when that didn't work, I tried a whole variety of options - using alternate letters, adding in the shift, control, and/or option keys, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on why the system is not accepting Keyboard Shortcuts?

I am running OS 10.8.2 on a MacBook Pro Retina.

Thank you,

Erik

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I don't exactly know why setting up keyboard shortcuts fails.

I do however have an easy workaround: Command-F is a little tool we distribute for free on the Mac App Store. It does exactly what you are trying to do.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0