Clicky

kultfilme
I bought the HoudahGEO software today, but i can not import the data from the GPS Logger Qstarz BT-Q1000Ex

It looks like he made a connection but it ends allways with following error:

Wegaufzeichnung konnte nicht importiert werden
reading 0x000400 2%Reading 0x000800 4%mtkloggermtk_read():read error (-2)

I I tried also the free HoudahGPS software, but same problem, no chance to import the data!

Does anyone have an idea about the problem?

Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeo.png, Views: 26, Size: 32.64 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Are you trying to connect via USB or Bluetooth?

Which driver are you using?
Which port name did you select in HoudahGeo?

Many Qstarz devices rely on the USB modem driver USB-CDC-ACM included with OS X. This is broken in OS X Yosemite and fails to load when GPS devices are connected. Check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app > All Messages for error messages.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
kultfilme
Hi Pierre

Thank you for your quick answer! 

I try to connect via Bluetooth! I see the Qstarz 1000EX in the Blootooth Main Menu, it says "Connected", after this i try to get the data over Qstarz1000EX-SPPslave in the HoudahGEO Software! Pictures in the Attachment)

If i try to connect via USB, HoudahGEO don't see the Qstarz 1000EX at any time!

Driver do i need a driver for OSX and the Qstarz 1000EX?? From where can i get a driver?

Regards Peter

Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeo_2.png, Views: 29, Size: 22.48 KB Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeo.png, Views: 29, Size: 26.31 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Konsole.png, Views: 28, Size: 138.71 KB
0 0
kultfilme
Here a picture from System settings! Click image for larger version - Name: Systemeinstellungen.png, Views: 45, Size: 78.44 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Most Qstarz devices rely on the USB-CDC-ACM driver included with OS X. You will probably have to wait Apple fixes this driver or QStarz provides an alternate driver.

You can try to find out which brand and model of USB chip is used in your device. Check the documentation for your device as well as information /Applications/Utilities/System Information.app provides for connected devices. There may be a driver available for that chip. E.g. Silicon Labs CP210x or Prolific PL2303

With you device connected, try the following command in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app:

ls cu.*

Hit return to see a list of virtual files. This should include cu.Qstarz1000EX-SPPslave

Please try downloading the track log using the latest version of GPSBabel

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0