Clicky

Brazilla
Hello,

just upgraded from 2.x.x to the newest version and wanted to import the GPS data from my Holux M-241 tagger via Bluetooth as I did many times before. 
When I select Holux as manufacturer I can only choose USB (what never worked before).
However HoudahGPS works without any problems via Bluetooth.

How can this be that HoudahGPS (freeware) does its job and HoudahGeo (pay ware) does not?

Of course I have a workaround but I would prefer to do all with HoudahGeo.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for reporting this issue.
I will see to fix this soon.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Brazilla
Thanks a lot.
Looking forward to it.

0 0
Brazilla
I had it three times now that my Mac crashed really hard (with automatic restart) when I extracted the gps data from my logger with HoudahGPS via Bluetooth.

Could be my Mac, but I thought I mention it...

0 0
houdah
Hi!

This really should not happen. Actually it should be nearly impossible to crash a Mac hard.

Please open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app and look at "All Messages" and "Diagnostic Reports" for hints of what happened.

HoudahGPS is merely a front-end to the free and open source GPSBabel. You may want to try a newer version of GPSBabel.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Brazilla
Had a look in my Diagnostic Reports and there was a Kernel Panic when it happended.
In the report there was a line where gpsbabel was mentioned, so I think this was the culprit.

"BSD process name corresponding to current threat: gpsbabel"

As said previously HoudahGPS worked just fine except twice where my Macbook restarted when the GPS data extraction was triggered.

Will give the newest version of GPSBabel a try...
0 0