Clicky

DP
I seem to be unable to paste (command-V) into the BlitzSearch field. Is this something wrong with my set-up alone, or a real limitation in the program (or bug)?

Pasting text in the fields of HoudahSpot itself works fine.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Showing a search field in a menu is a new feature in Leopard. In Tiger this was available only to Apple.

Unfortunately the official way of doing so (i.e. not the one Apple are using themselves) has quite a lot of bugs. Much effort went into working around those bugs. Some are left with hopes for Apple to fix them soon.

Up to now I had not noticed this particular bug. I will see if I can work around it. Most importantly though I will report it to Apple.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
DP
Too bad! Please do let me know, if possible, when you (or Apple) fix this. I would like to replace the Spotlight menu entirely with yours, but I'll have to wait until pasting works, since I am constantly creating my searches with text grabbed from elsewhere.

Otherwise, HoudahSpot is really excellent, and thank you for creating it.

-David
0 0
houdah
Hi David!

I think I have a solution to fit your needs: check the Services menu found in all application menus. There is an entry for "BlitzSearch in HoudahSpot". This creates a BlitzSearch from the current text selection in any application. You can actually skip copy-paste.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
DP
Thanks!

This will definitely help -- but the highlight-copy-paste sequence is such a habit that it will still be great when it can work in the Blitz Search menu. But once again, thank you for the suggestion!
0 0