Clicky

dan9673
I have a qstarz q1300 that I am mostly happy with except for its battery. I was recently on a trip where I could not charge the q1300 as often as necessary, so there were some gaps in its location information.

When I geocoded my photos with houdahgeo, there were some anomalies because of these gaps. Some I corrected by geocoding in iphoto, but there are some others where I would like to copy the coordinates from one jpg file to another.

Can someone recommend a way to do this with houdahgeo or another application?

Thanks
Dan
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Within HoudahGeo you will find a "Copy Coordinates" command in the "Geocoding" menu.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
dan9673
Ah. Thanks so much! It's great that houdahgeo has such a simple solution!

I was a too focused on the steps interface to see that there were alternatives to the options in the toolbar. I wish that I had more constructive feedback on how to improve the discoverability of these features.

My other feedback is that I find some of houdahgeo's options to be confusing, and I would recommend that more user guidance is provided. When I copied these coordinates, for example, I wanted to export them to images already in iPhoto. I usually export to files before I import them into iPhoto with the "Geocoded images only" checkbox selected. So for these photos I also checked "Selected images only" because I didn't want to alter the photo whose coordinates I was copying from and "Tag masters / originals". However, I found that iPhoto would not update unless I unchecked "Geocoded images only". I can't tell if this is a bug or if the interface should be updated to make some of these options exclusive.

Thanks again. I would recommend houdahgeo.

Dan
0 0
houdah
Hi!

These checkboxes should only determine which images are processed. It should not change the way they are processed.

Did HoudahGeo suggest to notify iPhoto about the new metadata?

Please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages as you export to EXIF.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
dan9673
HoudahGeo did not make a suggestion or otherwise prompt to notify iPhoto. I understood that the "Tag masters / originals" was necessary for the exif change to be effective with iPhoto's places.

The notification of iPhoto (and possibly the EXIF change) was not effective when "Geocoded images only" was checked along with "Selected images only" and "Tag masters / originals". iPhoto also did not update places. I had to rerun the export with this option unchecked and then iPhoto updated correctly.

If it helps, I've attached the console messages.

Dan
0 0
houdah
Hi!

iPhoto integration is dependent on:

- iPhoto library pre-loading
- Tag masters/originals checked
- Create copies unchecked
- Absence of XMP sidecars

Your console log shows errors while notifying iPhoto. I hope to address those with the next update of HoudahGeo.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0