Clicky

Jono
Is it possible to search 1 field in HoudahSpot that would work like Spotlight's default that would search the file name & metadata, Spotlight comments etc.? Or do I have to create a search for ANY & type the search query in the Name field & Spotlight comments field?

For example if I search for "e in Spotlight it will only return files I've tagged "e in the Spotlight comments. And if I search for quote (without the & prefix) it will return more results (not just the files I tagged with "e).

Just wondering if there was 1 field I could use in HoudahSpot that would search all? (I tried the "e search in the 'Text content - contains fuzzy' field but it didn't return my tagged files there).

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Currently there is no such field in HoudahSpot.

The BlitzSearch feature searches both file name and contents, but not Spotlight comments.

I plan on changing this for HoudahSpot 2.2. No promises though, yet.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Jono
Cool, I'll look forward to it in the future (at some point).

One other thing...

(I'm not sure if this is a problem with HoudahSpot or LaunchBar?)
I've noticed when using the HoudahSpot search template in LaunchBar that when searching for 2 word queries it adds + in the middle.

For example if I type Time Capsule in HoudahSpot's search template within LaunchBar the actual search in HoudahSpot will say Time+Capsule in both the name & Text content contains fuzzy fields. This won't return any results. But if I remove the + then it will return results properly.

Does this happen for anyone else?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

This is a known bug. It will be fixed by the next update.

Sorry about that.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Jono
Thanks a lot