Clicky

ibnn

Hi,

thanks for the great app that saves physical BT-keyboard.

I am connecting Type2Phone to AppleTV.
I am using German keyboard layout on MacOSX Mountain Lion and AppleTV is latest version.

Similar to other entries in forum before, I can type the Backspace/Delete key and see character in line in Mac application, but on AppleTV the desired result of deletion of last typed character is ignored.

Navigating the Remove- or Delete-button via Remote and clicking OK on Remote works fine.
One removes the complete text, the other deletes one character at a time.
Cursor keys on Mac keyboard "up/down/left/right" seem to work already for the positioning task.
But what is "Ok"?
"Enter/Return" does not press the selected button.

What would be the corresponding key for OK in Type2Phone?

Also a corresponding key or combination for the button ">II" (lower right) on the AppleTV remote would be desired.

Is there

Regards

ibnn

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Do you see the same problem with iPhone or iPad?

Do you see the same problem when using the US American keyboard layout?
You can set both your Apple TV and Type2Phone to use the US layout and keep using the German layout on your Mac

Type2Phone Preferences has a setting to swap backspace and delete keys.
Please try this

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
ibnn
Hi Pierre,

1. when checking "Swap backspace and delete (only relevant to non-iOS devices)" in Type2Phone-Preferences, the deletion of the last character typed works.

This is even true with "German" language setting in AppleTV and German keyboard in Type2Phone.
Even the character displayed in Type2Phone is the same, but "deletion" result in AppleTV is now a success.
What is the intended meaning of this "only relevant...", since Mac is of course a non-iOS device and AppleTV 2 and 3 both use a variant of iOS or not?
My hardware combination is not what the label states here for this checkbox preference.

2. Still undiscovered by me is a Type2Phone keyboard equivalent of the "Ok" button of the AppleTV Remote. This is needed when navigating in menus of AppleTV and selecting a button. It works in main menus and many locations. But is not working for buttons of "Search"-dialog. The "Ok" on AppleTV remote executes the pressing of the different selectable buttons.
Is there one?

Kind regards

ibnn
0 0
houdah
Hi!

1. iPhone and iPad make no difference between backspace and delete keys. What Type2Phone sends by default however does not suit many Android devices. Hence the option to change.

2. Please try using the Space key to activate the selected button. I currently have no Apple TV to test myself.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
ibnn
Hi Pierre,

thanks for your responsiveness.

To 1. So checking that option seems to be necessary for AppleTV as well. Even when it is an iOS device.

To 2. "Space" key does not allow to "press" buttons like
"Space"-key,
"Delete"-key for deletion of last character,
"Clear"-key for deletion of complete string.
"Space"-key always enters a "Space"-character in "Search" dialogs.
It seems to be that in "Search"-dialog all typed characters besides cursor-arrow-keys focus on input line for search-string and not on the also selected buttons.

3. For preference "Disconnect when sent to background" would be nice to have a companion checkbox preference "Reconnect (to last device) when getting to foreground".

Kind regards

ibnn Click image for larger version - Name: Foto.JPG, Views: 16, Size: 114.36 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I will check if there is a way to press buttons in Apple TV.

Type2Phone automatically reconnects as you start typing.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
ibnn
Good morning Pierre,

I have identified one more feature - "Touchpad gestures" - that would help me when using Type2Phone.
Is it possible to use Touchpad gestures on Mac and apply them when scrolling lists on AppleTV?

For example in AppleTV there are very long vertical lists of radio stations, where enhanced navigation by character typing is not possible (in other "higher level" lists that works).
Only navigation by arrow keys is possible with increasing scroll speed when keeping characters pressed.
An iOS like wiping gesture support would be cool here.

Have fun.

ibnn
0 0