Clicky

arnau
Hi all,

Although Houdahspot is very useful I prefer to keep the number of auto started applications to the minimum. So I only start Houdahspot when I have to do complex queries, the problem is that every time I start it, the helper is auto enabled and I need to removed it manually. Is there any option to disable this auto enable?

Thanks
--
Arnau

0 0
houdah
Hi!

The helper is needed for the features listed in HoudahSpot > Preferences > Helper: global menu, hot key, tray.

If you disable all of those, the helper will be disabled automatically.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
rpnavarro
I have used HoudahSpot for about six months, but only after the last upgrade (this week), the Helper is constantly on. My Activity Monitor shows Helper continuously using 90% of both CPUs. I deleted the app, reloaded, and same problem. I deleted again.

I see the previous post about disabling Helper. I am asking if this is a recent upgrade bug, or if you have other recommendations for the new problem. 

Thank you.

RPN
0 0
houdah
Hi!

There has been a lot of work on the Tray to improve reliability on changes of screen resolution changes. Unfortunately it seems I also introduced a bug. You are the third person to report excessive CPU usage. So far I have been unable to reproduce or diagnose the problem.

Please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages from HoudahSpotHelper. Next time HoudahSpotHelper shows runaway CPU usage, please use /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app to generate a Sample Process output for HoudahSpotHelper.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
rpnavarro
Pierre,

HoudahSpotHelper hogs CPU always, even when HDS is not open.

Here is a Process Report (attached) from MacBook Air. I will again delete HDS app until you recommend a fix.

Thank you.

RPN
0 0
HelgeG
Hello,

A also have the runaway CPU problem with HoudahSpotHelper. I am on a new MacBook Air running OSX 10.7.2. For me it is not a big deal, as I only start the app for doing searches, and have disabled the helper completely. 
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for submitting the process sample report.

Based on that I have tried to develop a fix. My hope is that HoudahSpot 3.5.1b2 no longer exhibits the runaway CPU problem. Please give it a try.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
rpnavarro
The latest update 3.5.1.b2 solved the runaway CPU problem. 

All is fine now. Thank you for your prompt and effective response. 

Great customer service.

RPN
0 0