Clicky

DP
I am wondering where HoudahSpot's URL scheme is documented.  Through Google I see various references from a few years ago to the information being contained in the user manual in a section on Launchbar Integration (I'm trying to use it in Alfred), but the current manual doesn't have this information there.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

That bit of information indeed went missing with the recent rewrite of the documentation. It said:

HoudahSpot gives access to the BlitzSearch feature by implementing a custom URL scheme. You may set up a LaunchBar search template to call into this URL scheme. The search string should be:

hhspot://blitzSearch?searchString=*&filenameFlag=YES&contentFlag=YES&commentsFlag=YES

An additional parameter, "templatename" makes it possible to specify the name of a template to use.

You may use other tools to call into this mechanism. The popular Safari plug-ins Saft and Glims come to mind.

BTW, as of HoudahSpot 3.8.1, the blitzSearch URL command lacks a few options recently added to the matching AppleScript command.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0