Clicky

KipV
I would like for there to be an additional quicker way to apply tags rather then having to drag files over to sidebar. Given that applying tags is an operation that you have to do a lot it would be helpful if it was easier to do. There is a lot of blank space below search criteria side bar could there be a box that lets you enter tags there? Also it is difficult to rename files. It really shouldn't require a trip to the finder to do an operation as basic name a file. Houdahspot has made searching for files so much easier for me that I can't imagine how good it would be if it got those two areas simplified.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

I will look into adding a feature to rename files.

Tagging features are located in the sidebar so that they are available from any application.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
KipV
I like the tagging feature on the sidebar and I don't want that to go away it would just be nice simplify clicking on a file or several files and just type the tags into a box without having to drag them over to the sidebar. Every tagging program I have used as a little box off to the side where you can just enter in the tags right there without have to do anything. LittleSnapper, Lightroom, Yep, Leap, Punakea, every program has a really quick way to enter in tags without having to do anything but click on the files that you want to add the tags to and then type them in. Since this is an operation that I do many times a day it is critical that it is as easy to do as possible. 
0 0
gaseous1
I am in agreement that a more convenient tagging function within the HSpot search window would be very welcome. I use the sidebar function with a hotkey (via System Preferences) and it suffices, but it would be terrific if a simple mechanism to both view and edit single-file and "common" tags (when multiple files are chosen) were to be created. Currently, I have to press the key combination repeatedly to view tags.

I am happy to hear that a renaming mechanism is being considered. If I use another program such as Launchbar to rename my files, HSpot doesn't know about that activity and doesn't update the file view/search results. This would be an advantage of renaming within the program, among others. It would be a substantial convenience to be able to rename within HSpot.

[QUOTE=KipV]I like the tagging feature on the sidebar and I don't want that to go away it would just be nice simplify clicking on a file or several files and just type the tags into a box without having to drag them over to the sidebar .... an operation that I do many times a day it is critical that it is as easy to do as possible. [/QUOTE]
0 0