Clicky

Shakes
This started when I upgraded to Lightroom 4. Every time I open HoudahGeo I get this error message:

The Operation could not be completed. No other information is available about the problem.

Any clue to what's going on?

Thanks.
0 0
FragMichDochNet
Same here on HoudahGeo 3.1.1 (4483) on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and 4. I have the most photos on an external hdd in various Lightroom catalogs. I added directories in the HoudahGeo sidebar, too. When I start HoudahGeo and all or some of these catalogs / directories are not available (external hdd) i get the same mesage (currently seven times on every launch of HoudahGeo)
0 0
gavind
Hi Shakes. What's the operating system that you are using for this?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Could you please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages from HoudahGeo?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
FragMichDochNet
02.06.12 18:24:27         HoudahGeo[34695]         Unable to fetch attributes from /Volumes/Data/OnTheRoad/OnTheRoad/OnTheRoad.lrcat: (null)

02.06.12 18:24:27         HoudahGeo[34695]         Unable to fetch attributes from /Users/fragmichdochnet/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom 3 Catalog.lrcat: (null)

02.06.12 18:24:27         HoudahGeo[34695]         -[NSAlert alertWithError:] called with nil NSError. A generic error message will be displayed, but the user deserves better.

02.06.12 18:24:27         HoudahGeo[34695]         -[NSAlert alertWithError:] called with nil NSError. A generic error message will be displayed, but the user deserves better.

0 0
FragMichDochNet
Error still exists in 3.1.2 (4485)
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I assume the following no longer exist:
/Volumes/Data/OnTheRoad/OnTheRoad/OnTheRoad.lrcat
/Users/fragmichdochnet/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom 3 Catalog.lrcat

Correct?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
FragMichDochNet
correct, i moved the Catalogs to an external Drive
0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahGeo reads the preferences for the various version of Lightroom to build a list of available catalogs.

In this case, I guess, it still finds the outdated path in the preferences for Lightroom 3 and then finds the catalog to be missing.

All in all this is harmless, but HoudahGeo should handle it more gracefully.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
FragMichDochNet
deleted my Lightroom 3 & 4 Preferences (.plist) in /Users/fragmichdochnet/Library/Prefereces

This message is no longer in the Log:
HoudahGeo[34695]         Unable to fetch attributes from ...

This message (and UI-Windows) is still there:
-[NSAlert alertWithError:] called with nil NSError. A generic error message will be displayed, but the user deserves better.
0 0