Clicky

darthy
Hi
I love type2phone app and use it everyday. One thing that has been on my wishlist is an option to have keyboard layout synced to my Mac's input method. I use English and Korean on my Mac and iOS devices, and those two are the only ones I ever use when I type, but it is cumbersome for me type in the right language.

For example, to type in Korean, my iOS keyboard should be set to Korean before connecting to Type2Phone and to switch to English I have to set iOS's keyboard to English and reconnect. This is very counter intuitive and counter productive. 

When I use a bluetooth keyboard with iOS the 'Command-Space' key combo lets me switch between languages. I hope there was way to do the same with Type2Phone, in the way that the input method switching on Mac would be reflected on iOS immediately (- with the Type2phone keyboard layout synced and hidden from users.) 

0 0
houdah
Hi!

In the Special menu is an entry to "Switch iOS Keyboard Layout". You may assign a keyboard shortcut to that.

Unfortunately, there is no way to completely automate the process. Type2Phone operates like a keyboard. The iPhone does not give it any information about which keyboard layouts are configured or active. Type2Phone thus cannot know if or how often it should issue the "Switch iOS Keyboard Layout" to get keyboard layouts to match.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
darthy
Assigning a short cut to 'switch ios keyboard layout' is the closest thing I was looking for. Thank you.

I still think it would be handy to have app's layout to be synced to OS X. 

Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.28.31 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.28.41 AM.JPG 

Or at least an option to customize the layout listed on app. 
Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.27.03 AM.JPG 

Thank you.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

For now, you can use System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts to assign keyboard shortcuts to the keyboard layout menu items.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0