Clicky

tkrotchko
Having spent many hours this week working on manipulating data, saving, re-saving, and finally getting about 6,000 photos geotagged correctly, I have to first say, this program made an impossible task possible.

It didn't help that my camera mounted GPS started failing about 1/2 way through the picture taking in a non-obvious way.   But your support has been outstanding, and I appreciate your patience.

After consideration, it would be a great help if the following feature(s):

1) The ability to sort photos on whether they're geotagged from the camera
2) The ability to explicitly select photos through a checkbox for certain operations to apply (or not apply). 
3) A visual indicator (color?) to understand which photos you've changed the EXIF data

Just a thought.

--Tom

0 0
houdah
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. You can show the images as a list. You can then click the column headers to sort the list. Sort by latitude or longitude. This will group the images lacking a value away from the others.

2. You can select images by highlighting them. You can shift-click, command-click or drag to make multiple selections. Geocoding and export operations have an option to apply only to selected images. There currently is no way to make a more permanent selection.

3. I have added this and the checkboxes to the list of feature requests.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
tkrotchko
First of all, thanks for the answer.  Here's my comment to the first one:

" You can show the images as a list. You can then click the column headers to sort the list. Sort by latitude or longitude. This will group the images lacking a value away from the others"

That's a workaround, but it fails if you've matched up photos with a geotrack and written the EXIF tags to the photos based on the geotrack.

HoudahGeo still "understands" which were geotagged by the camera, because it shows those with the "world" icon (I'm trying to figure out how you do that;  I assume it's based on filling in the tag that shows the # of satellites based on my looking through photos).   It would be very helpful to be able to sort based on this field., especially when you get into large data sets of pictures.

To understand my other questions, consider the mechanics of trying to work with sets of 6,000 pictures, and you only want your work to affect a subset them.   Yes, you can use normal MacOS selections with the apple key and a click.  But one false click, and you're back to square one.

Thanks again for all your help.   Your software made an impossible task quite possible.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the clarification.

The badge shown next to the timestamp indicates that HoudahGeo has found time zone information in metadata. Images geotagged by the camera often have a camera clock time as well as a GMT timestamp of the GPS fix used. From this HoudahGeo can usually derive time zone information. It then shows the time zone badge next to the timestamp.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0