Clicky

bobembry
I'm in the demo mode using version 2.1.5

When I attempt to set up a Find by type using the Help instructions (It is however likely that you won't know the exact content type name. For such situations HoudahSpot allows for criteria configuration using drag-and-drop. Simply drag an existing file of the desired type onto the "Content type" row of the criteria pane).

The drag results in a "file path" (/Users/bobembry/Documents/RTE documents/Conceptual resources/Management and innovation/Executive related/Tom Peters 50 series/Project 50/Project 50.scriv) rather than a content type (com.adobe.photoshop-image). And I get a "no files found" status in the right pane.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for your interest in HoudahSpot.

The file needs to be dropped anywhere onto the criterion row, _but_ on the text field. It is a standard Mac OS X behavior to drop files as file paths anywhere where text can be dropped.

I guess the documentation could be clearer about this pitfall.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
bobembry
I watched the screencast.

Got it to work for several types of files, but apparently it doesn't work for Scrivener projects.

Thanks

Bob

P.S. I paid
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for your business.

Please email me one of the files for which this does not work. I'll see if I can find out more.

BTW, this feature is based upon Spotlight. It works only for files stored in locations indexed by Spotlight. Have you excluded locations using the Privacy tab in Spotligh preferences.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
bobembry
It's not an excluded item
0 0
bobembry
It's not an excluded item. It is a Scrivener project (package).

I'll test my other main document types and let you know if I have problems. Main document types: OmniOutliner, NovaMind, OmniGraffle, Opal, and a few others.

Thanks

Bob
0 0