Clicky

SteveEJ
Act Printer freezing..
Printing to iPad with 4.3.1. Plenty of memory available.
Printing from Win 7/64 bit. Plenty of Memory available.

1 - Your PDF printer leaves file size 0 bytes. Does not close the file or not finished printing file. ACT Printer freezes up.

2 - Tried to print a good PDF into Printer Drop folder. ACT Printer stopped responding and never sent.

PDF was large 135 page document (85 Meg Byte).

ACT Print Win Version: 2.1.0.0

Error Report:
5/3/2011 10:37:37 AM
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Steve\Documents\ACT Printer Drop Folder\William Cooper Nell - The Colored Patriots of the American Revolution.pdf' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at PrintToIPhone.Form1.button_cancel_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please fix and let me know. Email Address is on file.

Thanks,
Steve Jacobs

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble.

Even with plenty of storage space available, the iPad 1 has only 256 MB of RAM. The iPad 2 has 512 MB of RAM.

ACTPrinter needs about twice the size of the document of available RAM. Seeing that there is iOS and other applications running, your document might be a tight fit.

I am however not yet sure this was the actual problem.

Could you please email me (pierre DOT bernard AT houdah.com) the PDF so I can test it with the Mac client of ACTPrinter?

I have downloaded a version of the book from Google Books. That has only 7.7 MB. So it is clearly a different file than what you have.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
SteveEJ
Sorry but the file is too big to send. I will try to find it on Google.

Steve

0 0
houdah
Hi!

You may want to give DropBox a try for hosting the file. You could then send me a link to the file.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l. 

0 0
riplavin
I just purchased Actprinter on my iPad2 and cannot figure out how to make use of it. I understood that I would be able to convert documents and other downloaded material to savable pdf files that could be recalled, but i have no idea where to start. Can you give me guidance on this?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

You need to install ACTPrinter Mac, respectively ACTPrinter Win, on the computer you will be printing from.

On the Mac, a "Print to iPhone" option will appear in the PDF Services menu in the print dialog of every Mac application. On a Windows PC, ACTPrinter WIN will be listed as available printer.

One you print to ACTPrinter Mac/Win you will be asked to select the device to print to. ACTPrinter Mac/Win will automatically detect all iOS devices running ACTPrinter on the WiFi network. For your iPad to be listed, the ACTPrinter application needs to be running and frontmost.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0