Just read you second message. Why did you stick with an outdated version of HoudahGeo?
1. Reverse geocoding is not done automatically mainly because it requires an Internet connection. This is however a request I hear often. I hope to find an acceptable solution in the future.
3. This used to happen for locations at sea. This has been addressed in HoudahGeo 2.3
4. Columns are available from the view menu. Starting with HoudahGeo 2.3, your column selection is persisted as a preference.
5. I have never heard a similar report. I would appreciate if you could provide screenshots as well as console log messages from Console.app
6. Neither of the two services available for reverse geocoding is perfect. Depending on photo location, one or the other service may provide better results. That's one more reason why the process is not kicked off automatically.
7. You may actually select several photos at a time and enter values in the Inspector that apply to all of them. This actually gives you more flexibility than a "fill down" command. You may also edit values directly in the main table. No need to go to the Inspector to just change a single value.
Houdah Software s.à r.l.