Clicky

psyclical
I was looking for a tool to help with a course work to analyse landscape and landuse changes along a datum as a linear line. I wanted to use Google Earth as it fitted well with the aerial imagery. I am on mac and found your 'Geo' tool that adds my photos to both Google Earth and Flikr. I was trying the tool today and found I was able to take photos from iPhoto ( now Aperture) and add coordinate information from Google Earth Maps ( I will have GPS data once the survey begins).

I had very minor problems getting the images onto a Flikr account which then showed up with text and image on the map. However I have tried the same export with the Google Earth Plus option. After starting the sequence I get the waypoints created in Google Earth, which are held in temporary data and when looking at the map points appear on the map however there is no sign of the images attached to them. I had absolutely no problem getting the images in houdahGeo that originated from iPhoto updated with geo info from Google Earth. When I got to export to Google Earth all seems to work well but when opening Google Earth I find that on clicking on the waymark info the images are not visible although a photo icon exists. I tried resetting all settings to factory ones and nothing got better. I tried to upload the points to online ggogle maps and although the text data goes no images arrive. .what am I doing wrong?????
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

What file format are your original images?

Could you please check the logs in Console.app for any warnings while performing the Google Earth export?

Could you please email the KMZ file created by HoudahGeo to support so that I can have a look at it?

BTW, were you trying to create a KML or KMZ file? KML export is for advanced users only. Please read the Help documentation to fully understand how KML export works if you really want to use KML rather than KMZ.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jaywade
I'm having the exact same problem. Everything seems to work as expected, but no thumbnails or images on GE.
-Jay
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please email me the KMZ file to support.houdahgeo[at]houdah.com.

Also check Console.app for any warning messages written during the Google Earth export.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
psyclical
I had a test run today using a straight road and took 159 images over a 13 km run. I had no problem exporting them from Aperture as jpg then downloading the tracklog with your GPS tool this however gave no times when importing ( reading some blogs the fact I had 'saved' the tracklog before switching the GPS off may have not helped.

I had to take two stabs at it but managed to get the time data loaded via GPS Babel.

Google Earth quite accuratley has placed the points I took the photo, however clicking on the photo icon gives me a text window with a greyed thumbnail spot. I certainly never get to see a thumbnail or larger image when clicking on the icon in a manner of ways
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for reporting the issue.

The problem was triggered by images containing spaces in their names. This bug was introduced by HoudahGeo 1.4.3 and should be fixed by the HoudahGeo 1.4.7 update which I have released minutes ago.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
psyclical
Brilliant. Thanks the fix worked fine and got the test sample loaded just fine and images are great, now looking at what else I can do with the settings.... thanks
0 0
patcoyle
I'm encountering a similar problem. The KMZ file shows up in Google Earth, then when click the first photo icon, see an image. Subsequent different icon clicks just gives give a text window with a greyed thumbnail spot. No image.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

This is a bug in Google Earth 4.3 beta for Mac. The current best workaround is to downgrade to Google Earth 4.2.

Don't forget to report the issue to Google.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0