Clicky

MindStorm
I have never used Google Earth before now, so it is possible I did something wrong at that end. 

I am on a MacPro running 10.5.6.  I installed Google Earth beta for the first time.

In HG, I said to Export to Google Earth.  HG put together the file then asked where to save it, and I used the default name.

To my surprise, it then launched Photoshop CS4? 

When CS4 opened, it gave me an error dialog saying

"This file is from a previous version of Google Earth or
              it is not a Google Earth file."

0 0
houdah
Hi!

For some reason Photoshop has registered to handle Google Earth KMZ files.

Use the Finder to "Get Info" on your KMZ file. Set it to open using Google Earth. Then click "Change All…"

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
MindStorm
Something is seriously wacky here...?  I don't really expect an answer to this post, but if you've got any ideas, I'd certainly welcome them.

I go to the KMZ file, and do the Get Info.  It is showing Photoshop CS4, so I change it to Google Earth.app.  I press 'change all' and get the confirmation dialog.

I say 'yes', things hesitate for about a second, and then it returns showing Photoshop CS4 as the opener again?

I tried rebooting, but the problem persists.  The files are on a Drobo, so I am not sure it is safe to use Disk Utility to 'repair disk'.  I'm going to go ask those folks if there is a safe way to repair any corruption on a Drobo.

Thanks for verifying that Photoshop is not supposed to be getting these files though.  I wasn't sure if that was another new feature of CS4, or something was amiss.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

This is indeed really odd. You may want to check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app to see if the log file reveals any explanation as to why it is reverting to Photoshop.

The upcoming HoudahGeo 2.2 will actually disregard the system setting and force the use of Google Earth.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0