Clicky

mccross
Is there a way of changing the options HoudahGeo sends to GPSBabel to download tracks from a GPS connected with a serial/usb connection? I seem to need to set the baud rate: if I use GPSBabel directly I use the command

~/Applications/gpsbabel -t -i magellan,baud=57600,noack -f /dev/cu.usbserial -o gpx -F output.gpx.

With HoudahGeo I get a "MAGPRO read error" (I have a Magellan Meridian), which is what I get with the direct command if I leave off the baud rate. Also, it would be nice to add the "Garmin extensions" option to the gpx output, so that I can upload the track to Garmin Connect.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

There is currently no way to adjust these settings.

HoudahGeo will however work with track log files extracted manually using gpsbabel.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
mccross
OK. I got HoudahGeo it to work setting the device to the GPSBabel default baud rate of 4800 - rather slowly! Downloading the tracks using GPSBabel directly is probably the best solution. Thanks.

Michael

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I don't have a Magellan device to test with.

Does one need to set a common speed both on the Mac and on the Magellan, or does the device match the speed set on the Mac.

Basically the question is if an interface to configure baud rate is needed, or if there is a known good value that the device can always match.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
mccross
The baud rate on the Magellan Meridian has to be set by hand. 4800 is the default. On a PC I can use 57600, but on my IMac with a USB-Serial connector I get errors at this speed, and have to drop down to 9600 for a reliable connection (all using GPSBabel).

Michael
0 0