Clicky

danviento
I currently have a problem where I haven't been able to reset the time on the GPS Logger, but the camera RAW files' date and time are just fine. Basically, I need a way to shift the time tables (CSV files) to make the lat/lon times match the photos. The help section didn't seem to cover this issue, so could someone please point me to some helpful advice? Thank you.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am not sure I understand your question.

GPS track loggers get accurate time from the satellites. There is no need to set time on these units.

You need to make sure your camera clock is set accurately. Upon import into HoudahGeo, you will need to indicate the time zone your camera was set to.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
danviento
The times the logger put down are 5 timezones (or 6 if you account for DST) ahead of the actual time on the camera. I hadn't been able to adjust the logger of GMT when I used it for those photos. Setting the camera as off by -18000 seconds doesn't seem to work either. When I try to import the log file, a drop down dialog screen listing stuff like gobbing limit and other variables pops down for less than a second, disappears, and none of my photos receive lat/lon/alt coordinates in the result.

Does that tell you what's going on? Is there a way around the issue?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The logger wrote timestamps in GMT time.

From your description, it seems your camera was set to US Eastern time. You just need to make the appropriate setting in HoudahGeo's Camera Setup sheet.

The clock error is not meant to compensate time zone offsets. It should only be used for correcting minor camera clock errors.

You may verify your settings by looking at the Track Inspector. For geocoding to work, your images' timestamps must fall within the range covered by your track logs. If they don't you probably have specified the wrong camera time zone.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0