Clicky

tomH
Hi,

maybe a newbie question but anyway:

Got a GPS track from an external Tracking device (Garmin) imported and also photos from that trip. So far, so good.

Unfortunately the timezones on both devices were not synced at all.

The GPS was still on CET while my camera was already changed to PST time zone and therefore it seems not possible to automatically tag the photos.

I found no way to get rid of that 9h time difference because the adjustments in the timezone were applied to Track AND Photo.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Tom
0 0
houdah
Hi!

While some GPS devices allow for time display to be adjusted, the recorded time is always GMT. No need to worry about that.

HoudahGeo asks for the camera time zone so it can make sense of the time recorded with the photo. All should work out if you specify PST.

HoudahGeo also lets you set a display time zone. This does not change anything to the actual timestamps. Just the way these are displayed.
You can set this using the menu in the upper right corner of the window.
If you set this to PST, your photos should show with the same time as they did on the camera.
Track logs will also be displayed with PST time. Photos should fall within the ranges covered by the track logs.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
tomH
Hi Pierre,

thanks for answering.

I've tried and unfortunately to no success.

Whatever I'm doing, there is still the difference between GPS track and the photos. Whenever I change the menu in the upper right, all times will be displayed differently than before but still with the 9h difference. When I try to tag the photos it will not work at all. I'm a bit frustrated, maybe due to my own inability.

So my workaround: Load GPS Tracks into aperture, assign the first photo to the track and let Aperture adjust the following. After that close Aperture, load the tagged photos into HoudahGeo and write to Exif.

Tom
0 0
houdah
Hi Tom,

What happens when you change the camera time zone in Load > Camera Setup… > Timezone?
The times on the photos should change. The times on the track logs should not.

Also: does the "Current camera time" match what is currently displayed on your camera.

Please email a sample photo and track log to support. I will look into it.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
tomH
0 0
tomH