Clicky

threecats
I hope this may answer some questions and may be a bit long winded but I think I have got this down. I am using the trial version till I know I have it kinda mastered and know it will do all I want. Here are the steps I have been using. I may be wrong but other techniques seem to leave some info out.

First I start with my raw images and add the track log to them. Next in PSE I take those raws and batch them to jpegs. From there posting them to Flickr works well and all info is available in exif.
In publishing to Google Earth all images do not show unless you take this step. You compress the Houdahgeo KMZ and then uncompress it. The new KMZ will open all images in Google Earth! New kmz folder will look like this below image.

One thing I did note missing in GE doing it this way was the tracks. Any ideas on that?

Click image for larger version - Name: Picture_1.jpg, Views: 8, Size: 60.81 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Uploading to Flickr and publishing to Google Earth should work fine right from HoudahGeo. Conversion to JPEG is automatic in these cases.

What problems did you have when uploading to Flickr?

What problems did you have with publishing to Google Earth?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
threecats
In google earth only one image would show up. The other 4 had ? marks. That went away when I compressed and opened the file and clicked on the new KML. Tracks did not show however.

On Flickr depending on my steps exif info either was available or was not.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The problem with images not showing in Google Earth is a known issue with Google Earth 4.3. Please downgrade to Google Earth 4.2 or upgrade to Google Earth 5.0 beta.

EXIF information is uploaded to Flickr by HoudahGeo. There are however privacy options to set in your Flickr account both for Flickr processing and displaying EXIF information.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0