Clicky

DonL
When I have several images geotagged then open the map window and preview window and move between pics, the preview window shows the next pic, but the map window does not show the next location. Maybe it is showing my current location. Having then both move along would be handy for fine tuning your locations.

And when it comes to fine tuning pic locations another nice feature to add would be the ability to make small time nudges (to all the pics simultaneously). That way you can be looking at one certain photo in the preview window, its location in the map window and make several one or two second nudges until the location is spot on. All of your other pics should have their location updated at the same time automatically. I realize that you can do this as you load your photos, but it would be nice to be able to fine tune as well. I take many photos as I'm driving and even if I make the proper time correction when loading the images, I'm not totally satisfied with the location. They still look a couple of seconds off. Maybe I drive too fast!!!

I've looked at the instruction manual for Aperture 3 (don't want to pop the $199) and here's how you use a GPX tack. You download the track from your GPS and it shows up on a map. Then you drag one of your images that you know the location of - like an intersection onto the track and drop it at its exact location. Then you drag all the other photos onto the map as a group and they snap to their proper location. What I don't know is if you can move that key photo after the fact and have all the other photos automatically march along the track together. 
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Which version of HoudahGeo are you using? Here the map updates immediately as I move from on image to the next.

HoudahGeo currently works from time zone and camera error settings to match images to track logs. The approach taken by Aperture is very different: they infer the position of the images from the one reference point. This is often times more convenient. And sometimes not. Mainly I feel I am getting lower precision or higher risk of inaccuracies from that approach.

I agree that setting the clock error should be easier and more interactive. But I still don't know how to best tackle this. Nudging one image on the map is surely an option.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
DonL
I'm using 2.6.6 (3269)
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Are you referring to the "Map Inspector" or the "Map Geocoding" window?

The "Map Geocoding" window is not meant to update automatically as you select a different image. It sticks to the location you set it to. This allows for you to apply the same or a slightly adjusted position to the next image.

You may use the "Jump to selection" button to go to the location of the currently selected image.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
DonL
When I first open the map and preview windows it works fine, but if I close them both, then switch to another pic in the main window and reopen them they do not track or the preview is frozen at the last viewed picture. Clicking the arrows on the map or preview window moves the highlighted line in the main window but it does not update the map or preview. Bottom line if I open the two windows and leave them open and navigate with only the arrows on those two windows it works. ClicKing one or both and selecting a line manually screws up the sync.
0 0
DonL
The windows I'm using are under your windows menu. Show map and Show preview
0 0
DonL
I cannot find a jump to selection button!
0 0
houdah
Hi Don!

I am able to reproduce the problem. I will fix this with the next update.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
DonL
Just to clarify what my vision of the nudge would look like.
You have your main window, map window and preview window open.
Click along your pics until you get to one that was taken at an intersection.
If you don't like its location just nudge it a second or two in either direction until the location is spot on. When your happy just click another button that applies this same exact nudge to all the other photos in your project. Magic! You should be able to do this without changing the time stamp on each photo - at least I think. If you can accomplish this, then you would have beyond a doubt, the best geocoding software available. You already have the best - this would just be a nice improvement.
0 0