Clicky

Kroozin
I'm new to Geotagging but decided to take the plunge and purchase the i-Blue Tripmate 850 thinking it would be similar to the i-Blue 747 - it's not.  

The device itself seems to do a good job of picking up satellites and the menus are light up and are legible.  It has a removal mini-SD card so I can take the card out of the GPS and load it directly into an SD adapter and then into my MacBook Pro so it's fast to download.  The problems is that the 850 puts out a *.nma file format that I can't find any software that can read it.  I purchased Houdah and it doesn't seem to read these files either.  Is there a work-around for this issue?  

Also, is there a listing of file types that are readable by Houdah so that I can ensure the next device I purchase the files are readable?  I think I read NMEA, KML, and GPX but are there others?  Thanks!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

From the *.nma extension, I would guess the file is in NMEA format. Have you tried changing the extension to *.nmea?

HoudahGeo works with GPX, NMEA, Sony LOG and many CSV formats. Have a look at the FAQ for device recommendations.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Kroozin
Thanks for the quick response!  I tried changing the extension but that didn't work unfortunately.  

This GPS has pretty good features including good battery life from AAA batteries, bluetooth or USB connectivity, MTK chipset, 2-line display, removable memory, etc.  Feature-wise, it's one of the better units I've seen but obviously that doesn't matter if I can't find any software that can read it.  Hopefully Houdah is looking to add to their list of devices supported :-D

Thanks!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Could you send me a sample file so I can take a look at it?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Kroozin
[QUOTE]Hi!

You may open those files using a text editor (TextEdit, TextMate, …). You can then remove the very first line. Then save the file with a .nmea extension. HoudahGeo will be able to read it.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.[/QUOTE]Thank You!!!  This worked perfectly... I appreciate the great customer service!

Regards!  
Kroozin
0 0