Clicky

grizzdude
I successfully geotagged 191 JPG images with a Garmin GPX track. I clicked on Notify iPhoto Library. Houdah Geo ran for about 10 minutes, showing the status as it processed the images. At the end, Houdah Geo seemed to hang when the following dialog box was displayed on the screen because dialog box does not go away:

Notifying libraries for 191 images
Wrapping up
[Stop]

I left iPhoto untouched while Houdah Geo was running but after it seemed to hang I checked the photos in iPhoto and they seem to be tagged correctly--they show the location on the map. 

In the CPU tab of Activity Monitor, HoudahGeo is mostly at 0.0 % CPU after the dialog box got stuck. CPU Time is 3:45.99 with 22 threads. I tried closing iPhoto. Houdah Geo briefly went to 100% CPU but the "Notifying libraries" message is still there. The dialog box is still there after restarting iPhoto.

It seems safe to click Stop on the "Notifying libraries" dialog box, but I thought I would submit this issue to the forum in case it's a bug. I usually tag the images before importing into iPhoto but I forgot this time.

Houdah Geo Version 5.1 (Build 13335)
iPhoto 9.6.1

OS X 10.11.6
Mac Mini Late 2012
2.6 GHz i7
16 GB RAM
621 GB free on SSD
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Notifying iPhoto has HoudahGeo talk to iPhoto via Apple Script. This requires iPhoto to be running. If you quit iPhoto, HoudahGeo will try to relaunch iPhoto and resume the process of notifying. But it is best not to touch iPhoto during the process.

After sending off information about an image, HoudahGeo may use 0% CPU for a beat while it waits for iPhoto to process the information. iPhoto may, for example, need to perform reverse geocoding.

The progress bar should obviousily not get stuck for a longer time. There recently was a bug where the progress bar could get stuck and the stop button could fail to close the progress sheet. This bug should be fixed in HoudahGeo 5.1.1. Please let me know if you see the progress bar get stuck again and if the Stop button can be used to dismiss it.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0