Clicky

nick_thain
Bonjour Pierre! 
I have been madly tagging all of my old images on my MacBook, and would now like to transfer those geotags to some archived images from my PC, which are on an external drive. I've loaded the geotagged images into HoudahGeo, then used the 'Export GPX Waypoints..." function to create a GPX containing the tags of the images.

I've then removed the geotagged Mac versions of the images from the Project, loaded the untagged images from the external drive, selected all of them and clicked on 'Load GPS Data From File'. I then get a dialog box showing 'Geotagging 180 files...', which sits there for around a minute. Once it goes away, none of the images have been tagged.

The GPX file is being archived each time, it's just not tagging any files. Is this not what the GPX export function is designed for? I've used HoudahGeo-generated GPX files on several occasions to geotag images in Aperture using MaperturePro (just playing around), with no issues at all.

Hope you can shed some light on this one for me.

Cheers mate,
Nick
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The exported GPX will only work for this task in a rather limited way. The new images need to fall close in time to the original images. Such a GPX file will have only very few waypoints.

You should, whenever possible, work with the original GPX file from the GPS device.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
nick_thain
Cheers Pierre,
A quick response as always. In that case, given that I would like to tag some copies of my images in the fashion described in my last post, would I be able to export the tags from my tagged images as csv or kml with the intent of batch tagging my images on the external drive?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please check the timestamps on the waypoints within the GPX file against the timestamps of the imported images. Do they match up? Times within GPX are GMT.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
nick_thain
Yep, they matched up.
I actually found an old forum thread on this that I raised a while back, and you mentioned then that the GPX export was not intended to be used to then geocode other images.
I have found a great workaround though; Houdah is the only app I've found so far that reliably exports a GPX track from a series of geocoded images. If I take the GPX exported from Houdah and then import that GPX track into Maperture Pro (geocoding plugin for Aperture) it sucessfully tags the images.

Cheers mate.
0 0