Clicky

Kurtois

I am using a default install of HoudahGeo (I have tailored the software much). When I load photos in, I am required to manually zoom the map to where the gps coordinates are mapped on the OpenStreet map. It only is required for the very first photo. At least, that is my impression. Just curious if we could have the software auto-zoom to a given gps coordinate automatically for the selected photo.

Please let me know if I can clarify.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Initial zoom level for single photos is quite tricky to get right for every situation. You may want to see the exact street corner the photo was taken on. You may prefer to first see what city this was taken in.

For multiple selections things are easier. HoudahGeo tries to fit all pin in the map at the current zoom level. If it can’t, then it zooms in.

Check out the new HoudahGeo 5.0. This includes many refinements to map behaviors.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Kurtois

I just upgraded to v5, however, I have not taken the time to review the map behavior refinements.

At the very, very least, I would hope that the initial map view would be zoomed into the country of interest.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

The initial map view depends on whether an image is selected or not when you first view the map.

If no image is selected, HoudahGeo sizes the map so that all images would fit.
If no images are available, HoudahGeo sizes the map so that the track logs would fit.
If no track logs are available, HoudahGeo restores the map view from the last run.

So you should get a map view that matches to the very least the country of the images in the project.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0